Security & Health matters
The health and safety of www.mysantorini.com customers is of paramount importance to us and we want to make sure you have the best holiday possible. Whilst we are working with our suppliers to ensure the highest possible safety standards are maintained, please bear in mind that safety and hygiene standards overseas may vary from those you have come to expect in your country.
Whilst we will do our best to make sure your holiday is safe and trouble free, we do ask for your co-operation in taking extra care while you are away. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with your accommodation on arrival, and, if you are travelling with children, highlight to them any areas where they need to take extra special care, such as balconies or within pool areas.
- Please check with the airline with regard to security updates and advice as to what can and cannot be packed within your luggage.
- As a general rule, do not place flammable liquids, lighters, matches, gasses or aerosols in your luggage.
- Always carry medication in your hand luggage.
- Please pay attention to any safety briefings given by airline staff and crew.
Air Valid’s website gathers airline information on 1171 airline companies in partnership with world airlines and offers over 80,000 certified passenger opinions and reviews on 157 companies. You can also check out airline seat pitch on over 250 airlines around the world .
- Familiarize yourself with the location of your nearest fire exit.
- Read any fire safety notices in your room.
- If a fire occurs, leave immediately, do not stop to collect your personal belongings.
- Proceed to an assembly point well away from the building.
- Remember to use a high factor sunscreen initially and to re-apply it frequently.
- Avoid laying out in the sun during the hottest time of the day.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydratio.
- Take a sunhat, sunglasses and lip salve.
- Beware, you can still burn, dehydrate and get sunstroke in the shade or in the water.
- Be aware, as you would be at home - stay away from situations where you feel uncomfortable and avoid walking in badly lit and/or unfamiliar areas.
- Avoid carrying too much money and/or valuables on your person – please make use of safe facilities provided.
- Always lock your room when you go out and remember to close all windows and balconies.
- Please try not to leave accompanied young children in your room.
- Remember traffic could be travelling on the right hand side of the road - ensure you look both ways before crossing.
- Please do not assume drivers will stop at pedestrian crossings.
- As at home, do not drink and drive.
- Whilst overseas laws regarding mobile phones may not be prohibitive, we recommend not using them while the vehicle is in use.
- Four wheels are better that two – many moped or motorbike hire outlets are inadequately insured and do not automatically provide helmets.
- Always remember to fasten your seatbelt.
- Follow any safety briefing provided by your driver or guide.